While FreightSafe looks to provide support and understanding to all claimants, we understand that sometimes an additional layer of support is required to those facing vulnerability and / or hardship.
Additionally, we understand that some customers may find it difficult to collect certain information required to process or assess their claim, so we will continue to listen and be flexible and pragmatic in our approach, wherever possible.
We encourage you to speak with your claims assessor who will be able to assist you with any concerns you may have regarding your claim. Our claims assessors are here to support you as follows:
- Providing one-on-one support;
- Prioritising and processing claims quickly;
- Fast tracking payments within 48 hours;
- Helping to arrange access to financial hardship assistance.
Below are free and confidential financial counselling resources that can provide advice to Australians in every State and Territory:
Please let us know if we can help refer you to external services such as community support and financial counselling services.
Our commitment to protecting customer privacy
FreightSafe will provide for the secure and confidential handling of private and confidential information and personal information about any customers affected by vulnerability of any kind. The General Insurance Code of Practice requires subscribers and their Supply Chain Partners, of which FreightSafe is one, to protect the rights to privacy of vulnerable customers who have notified us of their need for additional support from another party such as a lawyer, a consumer representative, an interpreter or a friend. We are here to help you and to do so discreetly.
Additionally, FreightSafe commits to:
- Ensuring it has systems in place to keep the customer’s contact information secure and confidential.
- Providing interpretive services, such as if English is your second language or you are hearing impaired.
- Providing specialist services, such as if you are experiencing domestic or family violence.
If you believe that your privacy has been compromised, or if you believe that FreightSafe has not complied with the Privacy Act or the Australian Privacy Principles, please contact our FreightSafe Privacy Officer at [email protected]. Requests should be made in writing and will be investigated and responded to promptly.
Last Updated: 01/04/2021